With the anticipated arrival of baby Windsor this year, 2013 looks set to be another year for the great British street and garden party.
Themes and styles still very much en vogue will be:
- Homemade bunting, flags, antique china, cucumber sandwiches, fairy cakes, streamers, paper chains, paper balls, thrifty signs, recycled jars and bottles
- Whimsical flowers, traditional English garden finds, roses, wild flowers, potted herbs, lavender
- Classic British vintage cars or perhaps a traditional horse & carriage
- A mix of royal elegance and antique chic harping back to the 40’s and 50’s
- Alice in wonderland style tea parties with a hint of the British eccentric; table decorations inspired by Alice’s ‘eat me’ and ‘drink me’ adventures
- From pastel shades to British reds and blues to rainbow bright colours, any colour palette can be worked in to your theme